sOUTh: A committee of volunteers based in Waterford, set up to support the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community of the South-East
Telephone: 086 2147633,
sOUTh facebook Profile
Aims & Activities of the gro u p :
- To promote awareness of the L.G.B.T. Community and their needs.
- To create a central point for the L.G.B.T. Community.
- To act as a voice for the L.G.B.T. Community and where possible liaise/network with state agencies and other organisations.
- To support the L.G.B.T. Community in addressing their needs through the provision of information, counselling and a drop in centre.
- To access funding to support and address these needs.
Current Services provided by sOUTh
- Drop-In/Information Centre. 1st & 3rdWednesday of each month 8-10pm, Cheshire Homes.
- Youth Drop-In/Information Centre Sunday 3-5pm,
- Children’s Group Link
- Telephone Support Line
- Counselling Service
- L.G.B.T. Alcoholics Anonymous
- Social Nights – Bars, Restaurants Cinema, Bowling.
- Sports – Self-Defence, Kickboxing & 5 A-Side Soccer
For Further Information please do not hesitate to contact sOUTh
2010 saw WIT LGBT grow like never before with more visability and a vastly increasing membership. An outlet for all those studying in WIT and members of the Waterford community who are interested in LGBT issues and events. We in the society hope to keep everyone informed on upcoming events and campaigns concerning LGBT topics.
Gay Waterford Facebook page